This post is also available in: 한국어
What is Content?
Content is an ad creative displayed alongside with real-time recommended articles on ad spaces designated for personalized ads on Dable’s partner sites.
Once a content is created, it can be used in multiple campaigns. Dable reviews if the content complies with Dable’s policy. Only approved contents will be served on partner sites.
In the Content Management page, you can find everything related to contents. You can create, edit, and delete contents here
Create new content
You can either create one content at a time or create bulk at once. On this page, we will create one content. For details on creating content in bulk by using a form, please click here.
There are two types of contents based on the landing page format – Outlink and Dable Content. You can create contents in the following 3 steps:
- Select one of the content types (Outlink or Dable Content)
- Fill out content details (ad text, image, etc)
- Request for review
To create a content, click Create Content on the Content Management page.
1. Select Content Type
Adding a brand name
Some media partners display the Brand name associated with the ad. Please check if the name of the advertiser or brand/product is correct, as it will be exposed to users. This name should be visible on the landing page.
Select Content Type
Outlink content leads users to a pre-set URL when they click on an ad. Enter a site or page (landing page) URL where users will visit.
- Please check if the URL opens normally.
- You can enter different URLs for each device (Desktop/Mobile) or OS (Android/iOS).
You can configure a landing page with a simple content and image, without any landing URL. For Dable Contents, you have two options to choose from: Article Type, and Mini Contents Type.
- Article type: You can create blog/news type contents and show them on Newslab(www.newslab.kr), Dable’s news curation site.
Example : Real Estate 1 / Real Estate 2 / Food/Franchise / Automotive / Business
More on Article type
- Mini content type: You can promote your content in a layered pop-up instead of leading users to a landing page. You can add a lead collection form in the pop-up window.
Examples: Business / Startup / Franchise (Click on the ads under ‘You may also like’ located at the bottom of this article)
More on Mini content type
What does ‘Your landing page cannot be crawled’ mean?
If you see this message after entering your landing page URL, it means that the search engine crawler cannot crawl the page. To solve this problem, please create robots.txt file and upload it to the top-level directory.
You can still run your campaign without adding robots.txt file, but ad exposure can be limited in some media sites based on their policies.
For details on how to add robots.txt on your landing page, please click here.
What does ‘We recommend using HTTPS for enhanced website security and performance.’ mean?
HTTPS (Hyper Text Transfer Protocol over Secure Socket Layer) is a secure protocol that encrypts data communicated between a server and a web browser.
HTTP does not encrypt data during communication while HTTPS does. So HTTPS keeps data safe from hijackers and protects user privacy. To ensure the safety of users and advertisers, Dable recommends using HTTPS rather than HTTP.
If your landing page URL is already using HTTPS, you will see this message: ‘This landing page is SSL compliant.’
Below are the cases that are considered as ‘not SSL-compliant.’ You can still run an ad without using HTTPS, but ad exposure can be limited due to media policies and Dable can also decide to limit the use of such ad.
1. Having no SSL certificate at all or using invalid certificates
2. Content within the site is using HTTP
3. The domain authenticated by SSL does not match with the current URL’s domain
Can I use redirect URLs?
To provide the best ad experience to users, Dable does not allow using redirect URLs for landing page URLs. Redirect URLs send users to a page that is different from the URL added during content creation. Shortened URLs, including ‘bit.ly’ are not allowed as well. If a content has a redirect URL, it will be disapproved in the review stage.
I want to create content that collects leads.
If you set your campaign goal to customer lead collection, you can create such content by using Dable’s lead collection form. To create this form, select Mini Content Type or Article Type under Dable Content.
- Create content for lead collection in Article Type
- Create content for lead collection in Mini Content Type
For details on how to create a campaign focusing on lead collection, please click here .
2. Content details
Add ad text and an image (thumbnail image) to use in your content. You can also use tracking tools to see what actions users took after clicking your ad.
When creating content, you must comply with Dable’s Content Review Guide. Dable will review your content to see whether it complies with the Guide. Only approved content can be served on partner sites.
- Ad Text: Enter ad titles for external and internal use.
- Ad description is optional. If included, your ad can be served on more media.
- Image: Add a thumbnail image. All images should meet Dable’s Image Creation Guides.
- Tracking tools: Dable supports Google Analytics users to easily insert UTM tags. A few other 3rd party tracking tools are supported as well.
Common Reasons for content disapproval
1. Incorrect thumbnail image size.
Dable supports images in 16:10 (default), 1:1, and 2:1 ratio. If you upload an image that is at least 640*400 pixels (4:3 ratio), it can be automatically adjusted to other 3 ratios mentioned above.
Dable is partnered with various media types, including web portals, apps, blogs and web communities and serves ads on PC and mobile screens. Each site has different designs and mobile sites require the images to be optimized for smaller screens. This is why we need standards for thumbnail size, so that ads can be exposed to various media types and placements.
If you see black areas around the image you uploaded, it means the size is incorrect. Please edit the image and upload again.
2. Images with excessive exposure to certain body parts.
Images that zoom into certain body parts are not allowed. At least two or more body parts should be visible. Images that highlight certain body parts by using circles, arrows or dotted lines are not allowed.
For examples of images, click here.
3. False accusation/information, exaggeration and overstatement in ad text.
Phrases such as ‘government-backed’, ‘government-supported’ or ‘no need to reimburse at all’ are not allowed in ad texts. Use of these phrases may require evidential documents when necessary. Exaggerations such as ‘perfect’, ‘everyone’, ‘at once’, etc. are also not allowed even if the statement is true.
Some expressions such as ‘Lose XX kg!’, ‘Problem solved with just one pill!’, and ‘Complete cure guaranteed!!’ are banned by the Korea Internet Newspaper Association.
Square and round brackets are not allowed, as ads can be misunderstood as news articles.
4. Ad titles and images irrelevant with the landing page.
Dable checks if the content is relevant with its landing page. If it is found to be irrelevant, the content will be disapproved.
e.g. An ad shows cosmetic products in its thumbnail, but the landing page is about stock information.
This also applies to Article type landing pages. Landing page should always show information that is relevant with the ad.
5. ‘Brand name’ is not shown on the landing page.
Advertisers must upload content that is relevant with the registered ad account.
‘Brand name’ is one of the information you must submit during content creation – this is shown to users. Brand name in your content must match with the name registered in your ad account. Also, this name should be visible on the landing page.
What is ‘Image Library’?‘
Dable provides free image assets to advertisers to help them reduce image production resources and enhance ad performance.
Advertisers can choose from a wide variety of images according to their industry and needs.
They can also check the performance of campaigns that are using images from Image Library. Each image from Image Library will show statistics such as clicks, impressions, ad spent, and response index. These statistics are based on the actual performance of Dable Native Ad for the last 3 months.
When choosing an image, please note that the usage permission will be expired if:
1) Content creation is still incomplete 3 days after saving the image.
2) Content was disapproved 7 days ago but did not request for re-review.
3) Content was created 14 days ago but its campaign is still not activated.
3. Request for content review
After completing content creation and settings, check if there is anything missing. If everything looks good, click the Request Review button.
- Dable checks to see if the content complies with Dable’s Content Review Guide. Only approved content can be served on partner sites.
- Operation hour s for content review is 10 AM to 6 PM every weekday, and contents are reviewed in maximum 4 hours.
- Please prepare your contents with enough time, considering image creation period and unexpected factors (like content disapproval).
If you need to pause for a moment during content creation, click the Next (Saved as draft) button. All data will be automatically saved. Saved content can be found on the Content Management page, with pink background. Simply click on the Edit button to continue creating.
Does Dable have a Content Creation Service?
Yes, we do! We create ad titles and 4 thumbnail images based on our internal data. Please note that this service is not free and you will need to prepare for the landing pages yourself.
- Service fee: 100,000 KRW per request (Original price: 200,000 KRW)
- Production period: 7 business days
- Request for service
This service is currently available in Korea only.
This post is also available in: 한국어