Contents Review Guideline
1. Set up ad contents
Check your account
- You can only create ad contents that match the purpose of your account. eg) A hair loss medicine ad in an account for diet foods will be disapproved. eg) A finance-related ad creative in an account for education services will be disapproved.
2. Enter Brand Name
- You should provide the actual brand name in the Brand Name field.
- The name should be visible in the landing page.
- Brackets are not allowed in the Brand Name field.
3. Enter URL
- Landing pages must work normally.
- You must be able to go back to the previous page when you click on the Back button.
- Landing pages must not have pop-ups or pop-unders that provide poor user experience.
- Pages that link to other sites by using ActiveX or any other programs are not allowed.
- Landing pages must not have any content irrelevant with your ad. eg) A landing page for cosmetics ad showing stock information is not allowed. eg) Article-type landing pages should also display contents that are relevant with the ad.
- Landing pages must not have any provocative or sensual contents.
- The details of ‘Personal Information Processing Policy’ must be confirmed on the landing page when you collect the user’s information.
- Facebook pages cannot be used as a landing page. Some browsers and outdated versions may not load the landing page properly if you use Facebook page as a landing.
- For financial products or services that include loans, insurance, offshore investment advisory business, cryptocurrency, etc., business registration info should be disclosed in the landing page.
- Landing pages resembling the looks of other services are disallowed.
- Redirect url is not allowed. eg) The url on the last landing page differs from the url registered url. eg) When using a shortened url
2. Contents Details
1. Enter Ad Title
- If you need to classify each ad content, use ‘Ad Title (For Internal Use)’ field.
- Length should be less than 28 characters. Recommended length is 20 characters including spaces. Ad exposure area may differ for each media. Text may be truncated depending on the length of the text. (Korean, Japanese, Chinese : 28 characters / English, Indonesian : 56 characters)
- Exaggeration/overstatement is not allowed. eg) Perfect, 100%, 99%, disappear, vanish, resolved, problem solved, in 00 weeks, in 00 days eg) 65kg → 48kg, Ad text including ‘kg’ eg) Only 1 pill, at once eg) No need to reimburse, anyone, immediately after subscription, paid the same day, national support eg) Government-backed, government-supported, bad credit, credit score of XX eg) Ad text including ‘Make $00 within 0 months/make $00 with only $00’
- Ad title should be different from the name of advertiser.
- Ad text should finish in complete sentence or phrase.
- Plagiarized/false ad contents are not allowed.
- Texts with punctuation/grammatical errors are not allowed.
- Slangs and acronyms are not allowed.
- Provocative/sensual copies are not allowed.
- Phrases that stimulate sexual imagination & meaning are not allowed.
- Square and round brackets in ad title are not allowed, as ads can be misunderstood as news articles. eg) [Exclusive] [Special] [Trending]
- Texts that explicitly ask users to click the ad are not allowed. eg) Click Now!
- Special characters are not allowed. eg) ☆, ♥, etc
- Ad title and description you provide should be visible in the landing page.
2. Enter Ad Description (Optional)
- Ad description is an optional field.
- Length should be less than 70 characters. (Korean, Japanese, Chinese : 70 characters / English, Indonesian : 140 characters)
- The same guideline for Ad Title is applied.
3. Ad Image (Thumbnail image)
- Low quality Images with low resolutions are not allowed.
- Moving images (animated gif) are not allowed.
- Mosaics or blurred images are not allowed.
- Images with margins or borders are not allowed.
- Images that are hard to recognize are not allowed. eg) Images made by combining multiple images into one & geometrical images that are hard to recognize
- Images that are irrelevant with the advertised product are not allowed.
- Images including texts or buttons that simply ask users to click the ad are not allowed.
- Images imitating a third party’s interface or platform are not allowed eg) Third party services include Instagram, Facebook, etc.
- Images with copyright issues are not allowed.
- Thumbnail images related to gambling industry (such as gambling, casinos, horse/bicycle/boat racing, etc) are disallowed.
- Images with texts only (no background) are not allowed.
- Texts that look like subtitles are not allowed within thumbnails, as it can be misunderstood as a news article.
- Images with texts that have low relevance are not allowed.
- The percentage of texts in the thumbnail image should be less than 50%.
Excessive exposure of certain body parts
- Images focused on individual body parts are not allowed; there should be two or more body parts visible.
- Sexually explicit ads
- Ads that display violence, hatred, shock, and vulgarity
- Deceptive ads
4. Request Content Review
- When all the details have been submitted, content will be reviewed by a designated content reviewer.
3. Prohibited products or services
- Tobacco, alcohol
- Products or services aimed at adults (adult shows, online adult communities, marital aids, etc.)
- Gambling or games (gambling, casino games, horse racing, bicycle racing, motor boat racing, lottery, etc.)
- Arms and ammunitions, explosives
- Products or services that are illegal or inappropriate
- Products that are prohibited from being sold or distributed online